I am a Senior Research Scientist at HSBC Labs and Research Fellow and member of the Optimization Group at the AI Center FEE CTU mainly working in the interplay between quantum computation, optimization and artificial intelligence.
- Quantum computation and quantum information
- Quantum algorithms and quantum machine learning
- Artificial Intelligence (binarized neural networks, transformers, Hopfield networks)
- Mathematical optimization and semi-definite programming
- Machine learning and deep learning in theoretical physics and mathematics
- Topological quantum field theories and topological string theories
Before Christmas, so-called trilogue negotiations between the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission culminated in a preliminary agreement on a regulation known as the Artificial Intelligence Act ("Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down harmonised rules on artificial intelligence"). A few more formal steps will be needed, but the regulation will be in force before the European Parliament elections in June 2024. And after transitional periods (from 6 to 36 months, depending on the risks), it will come into effect.
Canada stands among the global leaders in AI due to scientific expertise, solid governmental strategy, and fast-paced innovation environment. Recent Czech mission with the participation of Tomáš Kroupa explored opportunities for collaboration in R&D and education.