Interested in solving challenging problem? Join our project on the intersection of planning and game theory.
We are looking for a motivated student to join the researchers in the FRAS project. WHat is it about? FRAS (Flexible and Resilient Autonomous Systems) is our joint project with Robotic Institute at Carnegie Melon University (Pittsburgh, PA). On top of this international academic cooperation, FRAS is funded by a rather exceptional institution – US Air Force Research Lab, which gives us rich research possibilities and exciting real world applications such as drone fleet route planning.
In this thrilling research we ingeniously combine classical planning and game theory to design new algorithms that will work in adversarial environment such as bad weather conditions or attack of the enemy unit. Later we also apply machine learning techniques on the simulated executions to find out how can we improve the model.
Our dream candidate
Based on our experience, we will best understand each other if:
- You think planning and game theory are exciting areas and want to learn more about them
- You have some experience with programming in one of the following languages: C++, Python, Swift
- You like challenging problem solving
- You love explainability and finding out how things work (aka you are not a big fan of black boxes)
- You are looking for a meaningful job that can later become an inspiration for a thesis
Your dream boss
Still hesitating? Let us convince you… You should definitely join FRAS because:
- You hate being monitored but prefer mentoring such as consultations with senior researchers rather than a strict boss behind your back.
- You are looking for a job that is compatible with your school schedule.
- And you want to be the master of your time (decide your working times and amount of work load for each day).
- Also because US Air Force is the largest and most technologically advanced air force in the world – you do not want to miss a chance to work on a project of this extend.
- Needless to say, planning is an exciting area of AI and even more so in combination with game theory. You don’t believe? Then you should definitely watch this online course about AI planning, get to know this field better and think once more!
- Finally if you join our department, you will unlock all the benefits it entails, such as unlimited amount of high quality coffee, regular seminars with top minds in the field of AI, tickets to attend cool conferences, chance to work on a supercomputer with the power of 6 PetaFLOPS and last but not least a great supporting team that loves tech, enjoys working in research and appreciates friendly environment of our center.